Wondering what to use all those red peppers for?
I’m crazy for this easy Harvest Soup, made from the freshest ingredients, hopefully straight from your own garden or farmers market. You’ll get all the nutrition you need in one bowl–high Vitamin C from red peppers, beta carotene for your skin from carrots, and heart healthy lycopene from tomatoes. Add in some raw cashews for a protein boost, and you have the perfect meal!
- 2 cups each of red pepper, carrots, and tomatoes
- 2 cups plain coconut milk or almond milk
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 small hot pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- A few twists Celtic sea salt
- Slices of avocado for garnish
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender, serve room temperature or cold.
- Garnish with sliced avocado if your heart desires.
- Enjoy! (And be sure to leave a comment below to tell me how you like it.)
Holli Thompson is an ex Chanel VP, and founder of www.nutritionalstyle.com. She’s a health and nutrition coach, media personality and frequent guest on ABC, NBC and CBS TV as a guest nutrition expert. Holli’s been featured in More Magazine and appeared in the More Magazine Reinvent Yourself TV Special. She’s a speaker and author, featured in The Daily Love, and is currently writing her own book due in in 2013. Reach out to her at www.nutritionalstyle.com, on Facebook, and on Twitter.