Getting ready to bunker down for the weekend? Well don’t start yet without trying Lisa Marie Rosati’s Hearty Beef Stew. Just like grandma’s, Rosati’s recipe is sure to warm you up and keep your tummy satisfied. Bring back the flavors of the old country, or introduce a variation of an old favorite to your family. Either way, even picky eaters will agree that Beef Stew is favorite staple and sure-to-win crowd pleaser.
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef
- 3/4 cup Carbquick
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 ribs celery, sliced
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine (Pinot Noir or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, freshly chopped or dried
- 16 ounces frozen small onions, thawed to room temperature
- Trim stew beef and cut in small bite-size pieces. Put in a food storage bag with the Carbquick, onion powder, and salt and pepper; toss to coat well.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat; add beef to hot oil and cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic; continue cooking, stirring, for about 3 minutes. Add broth, wine, and rosemary; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add drained or thawed onions. Continue cooking for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until beef is tender.
The Queen of telling it like it is, Lisa Marie Rosati is a Goddess Catalyst for women around the world. A passionate entrepreneur and international best-selling author, Lisa knows how to draw out the Inner Goddess in any woman. Her experience as a Holistic Health & Nutrition Expert on Dr. Oz’s website www.sharecare.com and her kick-ass way of getting to the heart of the matter have made her the go-to person when it comes to drawing out a woman’s divine feminine magic. A spiritual healer through herbalism, Ayurveda, crystal therapy, chakra balancing, yoga and aromatherapy, Lisa uses her skills to transform lives around the globe. Learn more about Lisa and her work at www.GoddessLifestylePlan.com