Looking for a way to kick up the flavor for your game-day party? Whether it’s tailgating by the stadium or watching on the big screen, you can add great taste to the menu with these Jalapeno Poppers.
It’s an easy way to bring some delicious heat to the game, and the poppers can be made ahead of time. Combining a mix of three distinctly different cheeses—super fresh, creamy goat cheese, nutty Jarlsberg and salty Parmesan—give the poppers fantastic flavor. Prep and place onto the grill or under the broiler, and they’ll be ready before the next time out.
- 16 pickled jalapeño peppers, rinsed and drained
- 2 4-ounce logs fresh goat cheese (Woolwich Dairy Chevrai)
- 1-1/2 cups grated Jarlsberg cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup diced green onion (scallions)
- Dash of hot sauce
- Cilantro leaves
- Optional garnish: pickled mini hot red pepper
- Using small sharp knife, cut slit down one side of each pepper. Leave stem intact and remove seeds and veins.
- In bowl, mash goat cheese with Jarlsberg, onion and hot sauce. Divide among peppers, stuffing each generously.
- Refrigerate. (Recipe can be made ahead to this point.)
- Arrange peppers in heavy aluminum foil packet. Grill 8 – 10 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
- Garnish with cilantro and, if desired, hot red peppers.
Courtesy, Ronnie (Veronica) Campbell, president of The Burrell Group, Ltd., a specialty food marketing and communications firm.