Are you feeling overwhelmed – muscles tense – worried?
We all know that stress is not possible to completely eliminate from our lives- but we can change the way we react to it.
To manage stress – introduce balance. Too much work requires play. Too much input requires solitude.
There is much more going on within the silence of your spirit.
Quiet brings the calm.
Listen to your breath and feel your heartbeat.
Some people may like to chant a mantra. A mantra is a sound, a word, or a group of words that is used as a tool of concentration. These vibrations then divert the mind to allow transformation and harmony to occur.
Meditation has no judgments.
Thoughts come and go. Let them rise and diminish, like waves crashing on the beach.
Simple instructions for meditation
* Pick a quiet place. You can create an atmosphere if you like, with flowers or objects that are found in nature and have a special meaning to you.
* Sit comfortably with your back straight but not rigid. It may be on the floor or in a chair.
* Your hands are placed in your lap or on your knees.
* Close your eyes. Or lower your gaze and eyes are half closed.
* Allow your breathing to be natural.
* As thoughts come – allow them to be like the waves. Let them come and go. Don’t attach to these thoughts. Go back to your breathing.
* Silence is best for healing.
Begin with sitting in meditation about 10 minutes. If a longer time feels correct – let it come about naturally.
One result of meditating is that you are calmer and less stressed. Tensions begin to melt and slip away.
Your body’s natural healing processes can now activate.
That is why meditation improves health and well-being.
This relaxed state of meditation brings about an ability to deal with issues in your life and to keep them in perspective.